Thursday, November 11, 2004

One third complete

More than a third done now. I hate that machine. Not one of the side effects are a positive step forward: I have sun burn, blisters, weird saliva, loss of taste, sore teeth, dizziness and nausea.


The Music Mystery unravelled

More importantly I have discovered the music in the radiation room is selected and played by the technicians on an ad hoc basis. The Marsden does supply guide classical music CDs, but the techies think they are a bit too funereal, so bring in their own cheesy pop and best of CDs!!

This is why J ended up holding my hand as I get bolted down with "Stand by your Man!" playing on the ghetto blaster. priceless!

Only one patient using my machine objects to the music. Staff are careful to have the music off before this patient arrives...