Monday, November 08, 2004

Eight down, twenty two to go

First side effects are emerging: Sore throat for a couple of hours over the weekend and nausea. The nausea was acute enough to stop me going out, but it only lasts short time periods so it's not really a bother. Eating is getting a little random in that I alternate between either hoovering or refusing everything.

Its morning sickness I guess, only not nearly as bad.

The elusive Chris Nutting is back from holidays so I have a clinic with him tomorrow and expect more info on progress.

Groundhog Day

RT is increasingly a groundhog day type experience.
You turn up, everyone is nice, they play cheesy music, you take your top off in front of three cute nurses (no blokes), you lie on a table, they bolt you down... its only then things go downhill.

They leave and the machine takes over. It rotates about, makes a face at me using a kind of gate on the front, then it whines at me. There are two types of whines, a high continuous one, and then a high continuous one with something reminiscent of the food blender in Star Wars, way back when Luke was gazing at the stars and wondering about the future...

The machine is becoming my nemesis and the focus of my treatment. I'm starting to fixate on it - I stare back at it defiantly! It has a purposeful black maw that feels evil. When it whines you don''t feel anything but you know it's spewing out bad magic ...

In either case I find myself staring at my own reflection wondering what to think about. When the whining starts you mainly think about how you want it to stop. In between times I find myself wondering who chooses the cheesy music.