Saturday, June 05, 2010

One step at a time - stepped down the drugs though

Yesterday I tried to ramp down the morphine again and failed. It's extraordinary how much the oxycontin manages the pain. I went drug free for 24 hours to see if it was sustainable, but it quickly felt like a knife had been pushed through my rib cage so I'm back on the morphine today.

It was good to get off them though. It felt like slowly surfacing out of shallow water. It was great to feel like I was getting 'back to normal'.

At the same time, once the pain started to build going back on oxycontin was like wrapping a warm blanket back around me.

It was great to retreat back to what ultimately felt like a ready-brek glow....

Need to check with doctors when I can expect to get back to normal but it seems like it is a slow but steady recovery and I really need to get off the drugs.

Good news is that I'm trying to keep myself on 20mg oxycontin, 1000 paracetemol plus 5mg oxynorm As and when.....