Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Timing

So the team think op is likely to start about midday. We've agreed on an epidural for pain management postbop (they told me what I should have, I said yes) which with luck will put in place during surgery. I will have many pipes, feeds and shunts hanging off me after op.

I have had lots of jabs and tests today, but also managed to slip out of hospital for what was not a bad curry at all with J, H&B at Kare Kare on the Old Brompton Rd. Followed by a quick pint with Markie. So not a bad evening at all, considering.

Now have some time to absorb some literature on lung ops that cheerily starts off with news tthat horacic surgery is the most painful to recover from and from tomorrow my life will be pain on scales of 1 to 10, and lots of militant physiotherapy.

:)

Great.