Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Out of the Woods

Last week saw the first stages of real recovery, finally.

The PEG tube has settled down and I can get about without anyone knowing it is there. Today was a watershed in that I visited everyone in work which was great. The long tube journey was hard but it was worth it to see everyone. It is amazing how little seems to change: it feels to me like I have not been in work for a lifetime however for work it has been about 8 weeks. The piles of junk have moved ever so slightly but other than that all is well in the studio :)

My plan is to gently ramp up going to work and engaging with normal everyday things. I need to still take it easy but it looks like I really am finally out of the woods. I have successfully halved my morphine to 50mg per hour, and will cut it down to 25 in two more days or so. removing the PEG tube is (I have been told) a simple and painless procedure so hopefully no more drama and hospital visits.