Sunday, January 30, 2005

Morphine withdrawal is not good

Went down to 25mg last Monday and am now fulltime in bed again.

It is trainspotting without the hallucinations.

The side effects grew in intensity and changed - first few days was mainly dizziness, nausea and sweats which was ok, made it to work on Wednesday, but by Thurs morning I was vomiting whenever I sat up in bed, aches and pains everywhere, constipation. Have not managed any Jevity feed or water since Thursday. Solid food is completely out again.

Effects were originally guessed to be a couple of days (district nurse), after four days our wonderful McMillan nurse made it clear five or six days was more normal, while the hospice phone line says seven to ten days.


So two steps forward ten steps back. J is a trooper although I am worried she is coming down with a bug. My withdrawal symptoms are not what we need as where starting, just a little, to get back into life. Tomorrow is seven full days. Fingers crossed I will wake up a different person (I certainly do not like this one) ...